Sunday, March 30, 2008

St. Claire Basketball: Golden State Warriors


My sixth and final season in the St. Claire basketball league was a terrible one. I was happy that I got a fresh start with a new team and our team seemed to be a descent one at the start. I was also happy with my role on this team since I was one of our best players. My coach designed most of the plays for me and I was excited to start the season. I felt good about this season and my confidence was high due to the success I had in the past few seasons. The reason this season was considered a terrible season was because I had a season ending injury at the mid way point. I was driving to the basket and my knee cap just gave out and I had to be helped off the court. The doctors said I had a torn meniscus and I was so mad that I had to sit out the rest of the year. My team finished off the season not playing well and we just missed making the playoffs. I felt even worse at the end of the season because my team did not make the playoffs and I felt that I was to blame. After the season was completely over, I found out from doctors that I would need surgery or a long period of rest and would not be able to play next season. I decided not to get the surgery and I ended my St. Claire Basketball career for good.

No comments: