Sunday, March 9, 2008

St. Claire Basketball


My third season in the St. Claire Basketball League was the most memorable and greatest achievement of mine in this league. I was in the eighth grade and I was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers. We had a really good roster and all of the players on this team seemed to get along at first. The only problem was that our coach expected a lot from us. He held practices more then any other coach in the league and he was extremely hard to please. He wanted and expected all of his players to do well and preform at the level they were capable of. The only thing that I did not like was that my playing time at first was very low. I only played about half the game which was the minimum amount of playing time a athlete can get in this league. After awhile my coach realized that I was doing well and he let me play a little more. The time playoffs came, I was playing a lot and was a big part of the team. I was averaging about 10 points a game towards the end of the season and I was one of the leading scorers in the league. My Laker team made it all the way to the Championship game where we had to play the New York Knicks, which were by far the favorites to win it all. I was the smallest player on the court during the championship game but I had the most rebounds in the game. We ended up wining the championship game by only 2 points but it was a great and memorable game that I will never forget. I finally won a championship after two previous seasons of not making it to far in the playoffs and I was so happy. I ended up receiving the MVP and Team Player award. It was the best day of my basketball career in this league and I was glad to be apart of this Los Angeles Laker team.

No comments: