Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Claire Basketball - L.A. Lakers



My fourth season in the St. Claire basketball league was a descent one. I was still on the Los Angeles Lakers and we were the returning champions. The one thing that I regret going into this season was that I was not in great shape. I got lazy and I stayed away from the game of basketball for the entire off season. Looking back now I guess that winning the championship made me a little lazy and took away my drive and passion for trying to winning it all since I already accomplished that goal.
My season stats were not that bad they were all about average stats and I played consistent every game. The problem was that my coach expected so much more out of me and felt that I was holding back. I really don't know what went wrong that season but I guess my heart wasn't into every game like it was in the past. Now that I think about it, maybe winning the championship was the downfall of my basketball career. My team ended up making the playoffs and winning the first round. We lost in the second round of the playoffs and the season was a big disappointment to everyone and especially our coach. As the season finished I had a feeling that the team might have decided to go in a different direction and trade me away. They felt that this team needed to be broken up since it seemed that we could not compete together at a high level anymore. A few weeks later I was informed that I have been traded to the Denver Nuggets and I was extremely disappointed on how my Laker career ended.

No comments: