Friday, March 28, 2008

Detroit Lions - Roy Williams


Pro Bowl wide receiver Roy Williams of the Detroit Lions has been rumored to be traded this off season or by next season. These rumors have been brought up over and over again and have made Detroit Lion's fans in an uproar. He is a great athlete and receiver and is arguably the best player on the Lions. This team has been an extremely bad team for the last decade and the fans are waiting for drastic improvement right now. Trading your best player isn't a great start to trying to turn a troubled franchise around. Roy is also my favorite player in the NFL and I am hoping that they don't make this mistake by trading him away.


The reason I chose this topic to discuss in my blog is because I really enjoy watching him play every Sunday for the Lions. I think he is one of the few pieces that are a right fit for the Lions and a key aspect to a possible turnaround in the 2009 NFL season. I have always been a Detroit Lions fan but I am starting to get frustrated with watching them lose every single year. Their general manager Matt Millen and there owner Mr. Ford have not made any key improvements for a long time now. The Lions are in danger of losing many of their fans and something needs to be done soon.

No comments: