Tuesday, March 25, 2008

MLB: Opening Game In Japan







The first game of the 2008 Major League Baseball season was played today in Japan. This game was between the Boston Red Sox and the Oakland Athletics. There was a total of 44,628 screaming fans in the Tokyo Dome. The game was actually televised in New York at 6:10 A.M. I did not get to catch the live showing but I did manage to see the repeat at 2:00 P.M. It was a great game and it was such a perfect match up that it went into extra innings. The Red Sox won the game 6 to 5 in 10 innings and the big performer of the game was Manny Ramirez. Manny had two doubles and four rbi's and had the key hit in the tenth inning to win the game for the Red Sox.



I really enjoyed watching the game but I didn't really like the way that the season opened up in Japan. I also didn't like how the two teams were asked to play a regular season game and now have to go back to exhibition games for the next week. I think that the MLB should have structured the schedule better and waited for this game until next week when everyone starts playing in the regular season. Even though I did not agree with the idea, I still enjoyed watching the game and I am sure that people all over the world who watched it enjoyed it as well. I can't wait for the regular season to finally start for all the teams.

No comments: