Monday, March 17, 2008

Detroit Lions: 2008 Off-Season


The Detroit Lions have always been my favorite team in football. I have liked them since I was about ten years old and my favorite player was their running back Barry Sanders. I have followed their off season moves and watched all of their games every year. I have even gone to a few games when they played New York teams in New York. I also have many Detroit Lions jerseys and they have recently just dropped one of my favorite players on the team. Running back Kevin Jones was released by the Lions a few days ago and it was a surprise to everyone outside of the Lions front office. I was very mad at this move since it did not make any sense to me. He was going to be the starter for the 2008 season and they have no backup plan as of right now. The only good that has come out of this 2008 off season for the Detroit Lions is the moves they made to improve their secondary. The Lions signed corner back's Brian Kelly, Leigh Bodden, and free safety Dwight Smith. These three defensive players should help out the Lions defense and I am glad that they signed them. Overall I would say that the Lion's 2008 off season was a descent one but could have been even better if they kept Kevin Jones. The 2008 NFL Draft is in a month from now and it will be interesting to see if the Lions decide to take a running back since they released Kevin Jones.

No comments: