Thursday, April 17, 2008

St. Claire Soccer: Jaguars/Avengers




My third season in this soccer league was a strange one. I was excited to get the season going but it did not turn out the way I expected it too. My team won the first few games but then we started to go on a cold streak. We ended up losing the next five games and many fights broke out. A lot of the players on my team were fighting and their was one really big fight right in the middle of the season. I ended up getting traded to the Avengers because our team had to get split up. It was weird to play on a different team when I knew that my dad was coaching the team that I played previously for. I ended up leaving the team because I felt that it would be a fresh new start for me. My dad also believed that I would be better off trying out a new team. I played for the Avengers during the final few games of the season and we just made the playoffs. The funny thing was that we had to play the Jaguars in the first round. The Avengers coach actually made me play goalie which was a fun new experience. We ended up losing that playoff game but I only gave up one goal. I was mad that we lost but I was glad that my dad got to go on to the next round. He ended up coaching the Jaguars to another championship and that season proved what a great coach he was. Even after all of the arguments and drama that went on during the first half of the season, he ended up fixing everything and keeping his players focused enough to win back to back championships. This was unfortunately my last season in this soccer league and this was when I decided to start playing basketball. My dad continued to coach soccer for a few more seasons and then he became my personal coach for basketball.

No comments: