Sunday, April 27, 2008

St. Claire Soccer: Avengers - Final Season


My third and final season of playing soccer was a great one. I started the season off as a goalie but my mid season I was named captain and played mid field. This season was by far my best one because I almost averaged a goal a game. My play in goalie was also good and I got elected captain by my coaches which was an honor. Everything went right for me this season and we even made the playoffs. The reason I believe I did so well was because I stayed focused the entire season and wanted to do good. My team ended up losing in the second round by a last second goal and after this season was when I got introduced to the game of basketball. My brothers helped me practice playing basketball and even signed me up for a league with St. Claire's. I knew right away that I liked playing basketball more than soccer and I was mad that I got started with basketball so late since my parents pushed the game of soccer on me. My brothers ended up helping me preform well in basketball and from there was when I established myself as a basketball player. I ended up not playing soccer no more and I felt great about my decision because I figured I would end up retiring at the top of my game. I left on a good note since that last season was a great one. Even today I don't missing playing soccer but I still remember and cherish these soccer experiences.

No comments: