Saturday, April 5, 2008

Flashback: St. Claire Soccer




Before I even started my basketball career at St. Claire's, I played soccer. My dad was the coach of my team for the first year. My team was called the St. Claire Jaguars and I was excited that my dad was my coach because I knew I would get a lot of playing time. He was also a great coach and he was respected by everyone in the league because he knew a lot about the game of soccer and he was fair to everyone. I was only 10 years old when I started playing in this league and we made it to the championship game our first season. We ended up losing the game by a last second goal and this was when I started to become an extremely competitive athlete. After that season I wanted to get back on the field and try to win it all again because I felt like I let me dad and the team down by not winning it all. I played midfield my first season and I didn't really like it because all of the action was playing the forward position. After the season ended I was looking forward to becoming a more aggressive and better soccer player so I went to a soccer camp during the off season to prepare for the next year.

No comments: