Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Bowl - Post Game Report


On February 3, 2008 the New York Giants defeated the New England Patriots by the final score of 17-14. The New England Patriots were going for perfection but they came up 35 seconds short as the Giants, behind Eli Manning, took the lead and scored the go ahead touchdown with only 35 seconds left. Not many people believed that the Giants had a chance to beat the "Perfect Pats" (including myself), but the whole Giant team and coaching staff did and that was all that mattered in the end. It just seemed that the Patriots were over confident and did not make the plays when the really needed to. I am not taking anything away from the Patriots team that I idolized and grew too like very much, but I believe that any head coach would trade a perfect regular season for a Super Bowl victory. Eli Manning ended up winning the Super Bowl MVP award and I believe he deserved it. Just like everyone in New York, I questioned Eli's leadership and ability to lead a team to a Super Bowl but he proved all of the critics wrong last night. This has been a great and very surprising NFL season and it's too bad it's over. I can't wait for next season and I hope that it will be as good and exciting as this one was.

No comments: