Thursday, February 14, 2008

Flashback: St. Claire Basketball

Basketball has always been my favorite sport to play. I enjoyed playing it when I was younger and in the 6th grade I was on my first team. My team name was the Miami Heat and I played very few minutes at first since I was not that tall and not well known by the coach. In the first half of the season, I averaged about 4 points in about 10 minutes a game. Then our best player got hurt and he played my position which was shooting guard. I got to play about 20 minutes a game for the second half of the season and I played very well. I scored about 12 points a game in the second half of the season and we were a good team even without our best player. We finished in 4 place out of 8 teams and we made the last spot of the playoffs. My team ended up losing in the first round but we played a good game against a much better team. I scored about 8 points in that playoff game and we lost the game by 4 points. I remember my first basketball season because I enjoyed playing in it so much and it was an unforgetable experience. The St. Claire Basketball league I joined was very fun and competitive. I am glad that I played in this league and my first season in this league was a big success since I got my name noticed by other coaches. It was to bad that our best player got hurt but that actaully gave me an opportunity to step up and get noticed. My first season was full of up's and down's but in the end it was very fun and I am glad I was a part of the league and a part of my Miami Heat team.

No comments: